The Partner visas allow the individuals to live in Australia who are spouse or a de facto partner of an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen. The temporary partner is granted first and allows the applicant to live in Australia for two years. After 2 years of living with spouse, if their relationship is still genuine and ongoing, spouse is eligible to apply for permanent visa to live in Australia indefinitely. Under certain circumstances, Permanent visa is grated without living 2 years. Partner visa can be lodged inside or outside Australia.

This visa allows the applicant, their accompanying spouse and any dependent family members to:

  • Live as permanent residents in Australia
  • Work and study in Australia
  • Receive subsidised healthcare through Medicare and the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme
  • Access certain social security payments
  • Apply for Australian citizenship, once residency eligibility criteria are met
  • Sponsor other applicants for permanent residence

Benefits of a Partner Visa:

The temporary Partner visa allows the applicants to:

  • Live in Australia for two years
  • Study in Australia without any government funding
  • Get health coverage through Medicare

The Permanent Partner Visa allows the applicants to:

  • Stay, Work and live in Australia for indefinite period
  • Get health coverage through Medicare
  • Apply for Australian citizenship after fulfilling the criteria
  • Sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence
  • Leave and re-enter Australia for five years from the date visa is granted.

Spouse can include dependent children or step children in the visa application.

The dependent family members will be entitled to the same rights and visa conditions as the primary visa applicant.

Please contact GESS Australia to determine the appropriate visa suitability to your situation.

Book a Consultation



Code of Conduct

The Code of Conduct for registered migration agents is set out in legislation to regulate the conduct of registered migration agents. Under Australian law, Agent must be registered with the Migration Agents Registration Authority (MARA).

 Connet With Us

About Us


Newsletter Subscriber