The General Skilled Migration (GSM) program is the only way for skilled workers to migrate to Australia. A Skilled visa allows skilled people to work and live in Australia. It is points based visa.

There are many ways by which skilled workers can migrate to Australia. After finishing 2 years of studies in Australia or overseas qualified skilled workers are also eligible to apply for these visas. Skilled visas are 2 categories; Temporary and Permanent.

In case of Australian Graduates who finish 2 years of full-time studies in Australia, and who are not eligible to lodge any Temporary or Permanent visa can apply for Graduate Skilled visa to be able to apply for either temporary or permanent skilled visa to settle in Australia.

Australian Graduate or overseas qualified applicant can directly apply for permeant visa either Independent Skilled visa or Skilled Nominated visa through the help of eligible relatives/ nominated state or Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) through the help of employers in the regional areas, to live and work in Australia permanently.

Australian Graduate or overseas qualified applicant who are not eligible to apply for permanent residency directly, can apply for Temporary visa such as Skilled Regional (provisional) visa through the help of eligible relatives or nominated state or territory. In most of the cases, after living 2 years and working 1 year full time in the regional areas, Applicant may be eligible to apply for permanent residency visa.

Under Skilled visas, Candidates must meet the basic requirements to pass the Australian immigration points test to qualify for a visa to move to Australia. Point Test is designed on the basis of Age, English Language ability, Qualifications, Studying regional or low population growth area, Australian & or Overseas work experience, Partner’s qualifications ( if you are married), selected foreign language skills and other qualifications in order to qualify to apply for skilled visa.

Before lodging any skilled visa application, applicants need to apply for their skilled and qualification assessment by the relevant assessing authority and lodge the expression of interest.

Please contact GESS Australia to determine the appropriate visa suitability to your situation.

Book a Consultation


Code of Conduct

The Code of Conduct for registered migration agents is set out in legislation to regulate the conduct of registered migration agents. Under Australian law, Agent must be registered with the Migration Agents Registration Authority (MARA).

 Connet With Us

About Us


Newsletter Subscriber